Saturday, August 17, 2013

Hound Club of SA Show

On the weekend I went on a car trip with Amy and her friend (Arya's mum) all the way to Kilburn to go to the Hound Club of SA show. I used to find dog shows quite scary because they are so busy and filled with so many different people and dogs and smells, but I've decided that they're actually quite fun, and a good excuse to hang out with both human and doggy friends.

Bella
Do I look happy or what?! This showing business can be a lot of fun. :)

One of the things that weren't so good about the show was that there was a show for very tiny dogs next door to the ring that the hounds were in. Whenever we walked past the tents with the very tiny dogs in they would all jump up and yap at us which was a little scary. The very tiny dogs certainly loved to talk! We Salukis are more into singing than yapping, we have such beautiful, melodic voices. :)

There were seven other Salukis entered today, with two of them in the Intermediate Bitch class with me. Arya's mum handled me in the ring, which was a little bit confusing for me as usually it's Amy who takes me round (Amy had a sore foot, so she took pictures instead of running me around). I was a little bit fidgety when the judge was feeling me over because it's very hard not to squirm when someone is giving you pats!  I will say that I did move like a little angel and didn't start breaking into a run like I've been known today. I was runner-up in my class which was a pleasant surprise.

Bella

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment